Only a little bit of offence taken ;)
As far as your mockup goes, I like it, but don't get a few of the decisions:
- Why is the top bar purple? Anchor's colour scheme is, and always has been, blue.
- Why replace the word "logout" with an icon? If anything, that's making it less usable. Can't see the benefits.
- Why is the main body so saturated? From memory, it was a lot greyer to let the rest of the content come through.
- Why's there a plus icon next to the word "Create"?
- Although there's certainly more contrast between background and foreground now (in my opinion, a bit too much), the contrast between elements is lost: for example, there's very little difference between an article's title and its description.
- Why did you make the navigation text smaller and lighter? It's a lot harder to read now.
Loving the suggestions, though!